LDN with Eurostar

Babes, I'm back safe and sound after a whirlwind trip to the city of denim bootyshorts, dip dyed hair and the Gherkin: YES I'm talking about London!!! I have never been on a city trip like that before, so you can imagine how excited (and stressed out) I was. I just want to start out with a HUGE, big thank you to the awesome people who made it all possible: Eurostar, Elien and my other travelbuddies Sabina, Paulien and Afrodite. Also, credits for some of the following pictures go to my girls: thank you²! Now, sit tight for a buttload of pictures. I just can't wait to share :)

 fashion, girltime and complementary lunch on the Eurostar! Pannacotta and chicken with sundried tomatoes and some cheesecake: nom.


Me and my girls, just after arriving in London. LOOK AT THOSE ENTHOUSIASTIC FACES


Some crappy shots of our awesome hostel, Palmer's Lodge (Swiss Cottage). A total recommendation: VERY affordable, beautiful building, friendly people, adorable bunk beds and great location (near the underground and very central).


Trawling around the city, we spent most of our first day at our no. 1 destination: PRIMARK YES OMG YES. Btw, if anyone here knows if the red dress with the flower/bird print in the first pic or the red/blue dress in the second pic is available in a size 10 or 12 in their local Primark: PLEASE email me at thestylingdutchman@hotmail.com, I'll PAY you to ship that shit over to me. Not kidding.


At night, we went over to a Strada in Spitalfields and met up with my bestie  Camille who studies in London (missed her so much!) and Kirstin and Raquel! I loved meeting you guys, you were delightful company and I wouldn't have wanted to share this next awesome experience with anyone else but you ;-)


OMG THE GHERKIN I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW


Elien bought a nurse's uniform slash pajamas at Primark and mimed giving me a sponge bath. We do shit like that. Also, check out all that shit on the floor. We bought SO much stuff. Primark <3 4-eva! I bought a bajillion collars.


Next day, after checking out, we hopped on the tube for shopping: round 2 and a bit of LDN fashion week! On the menu: Topshop, fish & chips and spotting Susie Bubble at Somerset House. Obviously, since I'm a fashion blogger and all (/irony) I only have a picture of the fish & chips we had at Garfunkel's. But they were REALLY GOOD YO


Check out the other girls' blogs during the next few days for their pictures and stories, I'll be uploading an extensive report of my buys and outfits over the next few days. Thanks again to Eurostar and Elien for my amazing weekend! <3

I'm also secretly super happy to be home with my boyfriend again. I'm a total loser, I know. Jetsetting would not be my thing.


PS: did you know that everyone in London looks like a blogger? Yep, all those stylish girls you know that have a blog and act all unique and original just look like 90% of all Londoners. SO lame.

26 comments

  1. Yay for you having disqus (I haven't been here in a while :( )
    London looks fabulous! Definitely on the bucket list. Loved being there vicariously through your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Looks like you guys had loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAH! Love these pictures! You are the cutest and I'm so glad we got to meet. Looked like you had a lovely time and hopefully you come back soon (and see a little more than the Ghirkin and Primark).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the great night! It was amazing to meet you and I hope you come back soon for more pictures and Primark! You even convinced me to go back there to look for those awesome clothes you got, and I hate chaos! :D Did you get anything from Topshop? How did you find it?

    PS: If I see the dresses I'd be happy to get them to you, just after payday, though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe sooo much fun! I can't wait to get back to London next month!
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you do so I will die of happiness probably. The red-blue one was there, but only in like a bajillion 16s :( I bought the pink A you see on my coat in one of the pictures at topshop, and some pink ombre crucifix earrings! But topshop is crazy overpriced if you ask me so I DID NOT buy anything else, haha :-D And yes i'd love to return for a longer period of time and some relaxed sight seeing! Did you find/buy some of the stuff I got? :D I think primark is OK on any morning though, quite calm and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I miss London... such a wonderful city, indeed! Glad you had a great time :) I have to say though, I absolutely despised the Primark on Oxford Street! It's always so chaotic and messy and difficult to navigate. Bad, bad memories.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Het ziet er als een geweldig trip uit!! Kan al niet wachten naar je outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG die foto van u met de witte bril is simply divine! like a Parisienne girl in london! echt voor in een boekske

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun :) & jullie zien er allemaal very pretty uit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you had a fun time in London :D Did you find collars in Primark??? I'll see if my local one has those dreses, they're both amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. actually, when we went back there on saturday morning it was really tidy and calm? Strange :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. well not separate collars, but LOADS of stuff that had cute collars! Practically everything I bought has a collar, haha :D and please do, I'll be eternally grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jullie hebben duidelijk fun gehad!! Ziet er geweldig uit!! Meisjestrips zijn toch steeds de beste trips hé ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Het ziet er echt als een geweldige trip uit!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh waauw! Looks like you've all had an amazing time! The pictures are awesome!

    Love, A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh ik wil al zo lang naar Londen! Jullie hebben je duidelijk geamuseerd :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh I love your "A", did they have any "R"'s? I am a sucker for anything with my initial, haha. No, I didn't go there yet, may check it on friday and I'll see if i can get your dresses, do you want them both?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh London... looks like fun. Although I found it impossible to be stylish in that town, with everyone looking like a blogger, as you say. I wonder what Londoners think about bloggers in general? : ) That looks like a pretty swell meet up too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. No sorry, I only saw an S and an A for some reason! And yesssss I want them both, absolutely! You'll have to try and estimate the right size though, I think a 12 will be safest since I got my most figure hugging dress from Primark in a 12, my back is too broad for a 10 in tight dresses I think :-D But if they look big for their size I could do a 10 :D You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. or just estimate it, I am usually a europe 36-38 and a UK 10 but those primark sizes are so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heel erg leuke foto's! The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This trip looks like wonderful fun!! I've been living in the UK for a few months now, and have yet to go to a Primark. I don't know what's wrong with me! I really need to go to one, and soon!
    And thank you for the hostel rec; I think I'm going to stay there this April now! Did you stay in a 21 bed or 14 bed, if you don't mind me asking... xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha I got that feeling about both Londoners & those in the Norwegian countries.. heck actually like all Europeans compared, esp compared to flopping around fuggs, booty shorts & hoodies over here. But anyway, loved this post, it looks like you all had such a fantastic time! You are all so beautiful & stylish too, my goodness, such lovelies!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. love ur outfit!!
    i follow u! follow back?
    xx

    www.themidniteblues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete