Denim Dungaree Dress and Creepers

dungarees, tights, bag: H&M - trench, blouse: Pimkie - creepers: Sacha - beret: old

I order this dungaree dress AGES ago from H&M in the January sales, but I just got them last week because I had them delivered at my brother's place in Amsterdam. H&M sadly doesn't deliver stuff you buy from their webshop over here in Belgium (BOO!) so I had to pull some strings to get my ubercheap sales buys up in hiya. I just love how these are sort of dorky yet cool, edgy yet girly. And surprise surprise, my boyfriend actually thinks these are sexy! Go figure.

I just visited the home country today (ah, the beautiful Netherlands!) for a family meeting. Hearing about the history of my family from my aunts is absolawesome, I wish we all lived closer so we could hang out more often. It's cool to be all bohemian and free spirited and just go live where the winds take you, but I miss my roots sometimes. I'm not Belgian but I'm not typically Dutch either, and even though the two cultures aren't that far apart, it feels like I don't belong anywhere. 

Anyway, after eating out and catching up, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. And then I dragged my guy into an Albert Heijn. Albert Heijn is like our national pride: THE best place to shop for food and shiz at low prices. A lot of products they sell in Holland are unavailable in Belgium, so a small trip to a store like Albert Heijn feels a bit like coming home. Yes, food is important to me and my family!


Also, I grilled us some ribs last week.


Ok, this post was really random but I felt like sharing some thoughts SO I DID KBYE

13 comments

  1. i lovee the dungaree. i bet you'll find SO many ways to style it! i think you did well here with the sailboat collar ;)

    also, the ribs look delicious. auuughh!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your boat print shirt so so much. It's definitely adorable with your overall dress. I think I may have to take some inspiration from you and wear my boat print shirt with my little pinafore. Also, those ribs look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM those ribs look sooooo delicious!!! I love this boat print top and the overall dress, so cute and fun! Especially with the tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how adorable your tshirt is!! The pirnt is soooo cute! You've styled this pair of dungarees brilliantly! Which part of Belgium are you in? I'm going to London for summer school and am going to stay with family in Brussels for a bit...

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking all over Antwerp for creepers, and can't find them. Where did you buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these, you look so cute :) and I've said it before but I love this wall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this outfit, such a perfect daily look! Comfortable with the dress and shoes, cute with the shirts and stylish because everything goes together so well! Lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shirt with the little sailboats is way too cute!

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sacha has several cool models of creeper esque shoes right now! In the Stadsfeestzaal you can find Sacha. And I bet some more alternative stores in the region of the Kammenstraat have creepers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super leuke outfit! Hele mooie kleuren! Heel mooi topje!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so awesome for grilling ribs. I fail hard at cooking meat that isn't cubed chicken or ground-something. I made my guy and I some pork chops and it was sad. These ribs on the other hand look AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry I haven't commented sooner! I live in East Flanders, near Sint Niklaas and I study in Antwerp!

    ReplyDelete