Pleather Skinnies


pants, purse: Pimkie - shirt: Primark - flats: Texto - sunglasses: H&M


I totally skinnified these pants myself with a sewing machine and shit. With shit I mean needles and thread and all that stuff, you know, proper sewing stuff. It was so legit! But all kidding aside, I'm super happy I rediscovered these old pants in my closet and managed to make them perfect. I actually bought them with the intent of having pleather skinnies, but they fit more like straight-legged-pants. 

Lemme tell you, having skinny legs really isn't all what it's cracked up to be. For one you hate your legs all through high school, but on the practical side boots never fit right and skinnies usually look like straight legged pants on you. Which sucks if you're going for the painted-on mega skinny look. These still don't look painted on, but skinny enough for the cigarette-trouser look. Very rock'n'roll, non? Wikipedia agrees with me.

 Apart from their short stint as pantaloons (best word ever) in the 1800's, skinnies have ALWAYS been rock'n'roll. Just like yours truly.


21 comments

  1. hele leuke zonnebril!


    http://raspberryblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! That top picture made me think of Cher. Maybe it's the long hair and big sunglasses! Nice work fixing the pants yourself. I've hemmed a couple of shirts but pants make me nervous for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cher is awesome, I see it as a compliment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job customizing them for your legs!


    http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look!! I need to get me some pleather skinnies ;)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally rocking, love those sunnies too.

    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ik heb recent ook geleerd mijn broeken te versmallen, zo fier als een gieter! En ik ken het laarzen probleem, hoe vaak ik daar al op gevloekt heb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with those pants!! How awesome. And the blouse is adorbs, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have wanted pleather pants for SO long, it's amazing that you skinnified these yourself. Talented miss! I love them with that blouse, perfect combination. You look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look! It's so edgy; with different pants it could look totally 50's/60's, but the pleather pants make it super cool. I really need that shirt.
    And those sparkly sunglasses. You're too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fierce pants! Echt leuke combinatie met dat bloesje :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful outfit and you look gorgeous. I loved your look & everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dat blouseje is zo mooi, ik zou het direct kopen!
    Ow en die pastelkleuren, bedoel je hoe ik de foto heb bewerkt ^^


    Loves, The mad twins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annebeth, why are you so awesome? I tried to skinnify a pair of old jeans once, but I broke too many needles and they ended up being TOO skinny. Seriously, skinny pants always look like straight leg pants on me and since I'm short the knees end up looking weird.


    Hope all is well!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha try pinning and trying them on inside out first, I always mess things up if I freewheel it :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your blouse and those sunnies are perfect! Following your lovely blog now <33

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aren't those really hot and sticky? Pleather so does not breathe haha. They look great though! I'm trying to work up the nerve to shorten a dress of which I have two identical copies so I can have one long and one short, but I'm afraid I'll muck it up. Taking things in is so much easier than shortening, doh! I really dig that particular floral print too, it reminds me (in a good way) of my grandmother's old couch haha...

    ReplyDelete
  18. pretty miuch yeah :D but not more so than leather pants, I imagine. You can basically wear these within a very narrow temperature frame: when it's no colder than 8°C outside, and no hotter than 15°C :D

    ReplyDelete