Sundress in Beaumont


dress: Mango - sandals: c/o Fibi&Clo - sunglasses: Ebay - straw bag: Pimkie

I snapped these pictures after our day trip to Chimay in an adorable little village named Beaumont. We've been experiencing a few weeks of beautiful summer weather featuring clear skies, temperatures rising to the high 20s during the day and a slight breeze to keep things bearable. I've been feeling like I'm on holiday in my own backyard, throwing on nothing but a light sundress plus sandals and strolling out the door for a day of carefree enjoyment. 

There's something about very hot summers that just makes you feel like a kid again, you know? I so clearly remember being about 10 years old and waking up during summer break to see the sun already shining. Taking a quick shower, grabbing an easy outfit, slipping on shoes, pouring myself a bowl of rice crispies and hopping on my bike to ride over to my best friend, knowing I didn't have a care in the world and that this would be another day of easy fun. We'd climb trees, get ice cream, throw water balloons and play with the other kids in the neighbourhood until the sun went down.

I'll be starting my PhD come September and I've quit my previous job last week so I have more than a month ahead of me of doing exactly what I want to do every day, which is an awesome feeling of freedom. Let's hope the weather stays as beautiful as it is now, because having nothing to do is a LOT less fun when it's cold and rainy outside.

Hey! Tell me about what you remember from your childhood summer breaks!


15 comments

  1. Die sandaaltjes! Te vinden in België?

    ReplyDelete
  2. niet dat ik weet! je kan ze eens tweeten? Zijn vriendelijke mensen :) als je ze ergens online vindt kan ik wel echt vouchen voor de kwaliteit, ze zijn super soepel met een zachte gekussende bodem en heel comfortabel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bedankt! Zacht, soepel, comfortabel: just what a girl needs! Hoe zit het met de maten? Komen ze een beetje overeen of zitten ze ruim/kleiner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. De rug van de jurk vind ik echt héél mooi <3
    Mijn jeugdvakanties waren pretty much the same. Opblijven tot in de late uurtjes met vrienden (ik woon vlakbij het speelplein dus dat was super). Toen nog onbevreesd en zonder zorgen, en nu.. Wat gaat de tijd toch snel. 90's child 4evah! :,-D
    Veel succes met de nieuwe job alvast maar geniet nu nog maar lekker van je vakantie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ik herinner me een post van je over dat pleintje! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. waarschijnlijk minder geschikt als je erg brede voeten hebt, of een erg hoge wreef (afhankelijk van model natuurlijk). Ik heb smalle, platte voeten en ze zitten echt perfect. Ik heb er een 38 in en dat neem ik eigenlijk altijd in sandalen, dus ik zou zeggen: true to size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always!

    xxx

    http://instagram.com/natbeesfashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this dress, the pictures and the light! Oh, and carefree summer breaks of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zeer leuk kleedje en proficiat met je doctoraat :)! Care free childhood, can we turn back time :-D?! Ik herinner mij ook dat ik elke morgen zo snel mogelijk naar mijn buurmeisjes wou gaan om er een hele dag te spelen, afwisselend, elke dag bij iemand anders: trampoline, fietsen en zelfs musicals nabootsen :-D (een vriendin van mij had alle cd's ervan) en elke dag bijna eindigen met een ijsje. Memories :)..
    Sabrina, x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You quit your job? You haven't been in it for long have you? You were so excited when you first got it!!! Woah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was! it was super sad to have to quit because I absolutely loved it, but doing a PhD was a dream of mine and when I got the offer I just couldn't turn it down. It's a feminist subject, it'll be fulltime (whereas my last job was parttime) and the pay is great. I just hope I won't regret making this change because it's a leap of faith!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey,
    great pics and a sweet dress! :)
    Kisses
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erg mooi kleedje en leuke sandalen! Zo leuk dat je nog wat zomertijd hebt vooraleer je aan de PhD begint. Mijn favoriete zomerherrinering: bomen beklimmen en ravotten met de kinderen uit de buurt, ik was zo'n tomboy toen :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wat een mooie francaise look! love it!

    ReplyDelete