Outfit: casual elegance in pinafore and Vans

Outfit: turtle neck, pinafore and oldskool Vans


Outfit: turtle neck, pinafore and oldskool Vans
Outfit: turtle neck, pinafore and oldskool Vans
Outfit: turtle neck, pinafore and fishnets
Outfit: turtle neck, pinafore and oldskool Vans
oldskool vans, fishnet tights
Outfit: turtle neck, pinafore and oldskool Vans
turtle neck: Only c/o ZEB -  pinafore dress: Mango c/o ZEB - sneakers: Vans c/o ZEB - cross body bag: Mango - fishnet tights: H&M

In high school I was an alt-kid, definitely one of the weirdos. Although my musical tastes have always been ecclectic, this was the age of Blink182, Sum41 and The Offspring: skate punk was sort of the go-to counter culture thing, and with that came a prevalence of low waisted baggy trousers, little baby tees, and of course skater shoes. I don't think I've ever spent more than a minute on a skate board (I suck at anything that requires balance), but I sure dug those skater boys and their outfits. The only pair of Vans I owned back in the day were Misfits slip-ons that I bought half a size too small. Who would have known back then that oldskool Vans would become a classic, much like Converse?

I had been looking for a new addition to my sneaker collection for a while when I suddenly remembered Vans - the ones that got away (or the ones I never bought, ha!). I was just in the midst of pinning cute outfits featuring oldskool Vans when ZEB contacted me for a collab, so Vans + me must have been written in the stars! They asked me to pick out an entire outfit on their webshop, and this is what I put together: a fresh take on classic pieces, something I could have worn in high school that still looks great today. The pinafore layered over a turtle neck is retro inspired and very office appropriate, the fishnets funk it up, and the Vans make the look more laid-back - totally me! 

I have been wearing my Vans constantly since. They are infinitely more comfortable than Converse to me (roomier toe box, more padding in the soles) but the back of the left shoe chafes my heel a bit, so I'm still wearing them in with a band-aid under my sock.

Btw, ZEB is known for offering awesome discounts on popular brands like Levi's, Converse, Vans and Le Temps de Cerises year round, so the website is definitely worth bookmarking. Hope you like the outfit as much as I do!

No comments